Thursday 6 April 2017

Missing Ol' Merle Haggard

Down every road there's always one more city
I’m on the run, the highway is my home.
I've got ramblin' fever of the running kind…
With no one to change my mind 
   but mama tried…
And the reasons to quit/ don't outnumber all the reasons why…

And now I live in the mountains
I drifted up here with the wind…
Listening to the wind
Trying to hear the voice of a distant friend…
To sing a little bit of these working man blues... 
Merle Haggard passed away last year on 6th April 2016. In his tribute I have come up with a playlist of my favorite songs by Merle. Click on this link: Merle Haggard playlist.
The songs are:
·        Swinging Doors  
·        The Bottle Let Me Down  
·        I'm a Lonesome Fugitive  
·        Branded Man   
·        Sing Me Back Home  
·        I Started Loving You Again  
·        Mama Tried  
·        White Line Fever
·        Hungry Eyes  
·        Workin' Man Blues  
·        Silver Wings
·        Okie from Muskogee  
·        Daddy Frank
·        If We Make It Through December  
·        Things Aren't Funny Anymore  
·        Old Man from the Mountain  
·        Holding Things Together
·        Ramblin' Fever  
·        Running Kind
·        My Favorite Memory
·        Big City  
·        Going Where the Lonely Go
·        Reasons to Quit
·        That's the Way Love Goes  
·        Kern River
·        Twinkle, Twinkle Lucky Star
·        Seashores of Old Mexico
·        Listening To the Wind

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave a comment.