Gadget

This content isn't available over encrypted connections yet.

Thursday, 28 March 2013

Peeking at Beijing

Beijing (used to be spelled Peking) is the capital city of China. In the few days I spent here, I enjoyed peeking at the sights in and around Beijing. In this part of the north China plain, I experienced a  biking tour, tiananmen, temple of heaven, forbidden city, etc and peaking at the great wall of China in Mutianyu (the off-limits tower 25 at 950m was the highest point that I set foot on here). The highlight of the tour was supposed to be one of Chinese food's great treasures - Peking duck, but I ducked out of the dinner.

On my last day, I took it easy. Fishing and checkers are relaxation activities.
But relaxing was furthest from my mind when I was in Beijing.

I had to pack in as much as I can in the few days I've got to spend here.
So who'd wanna work when you can be on holidays.
Where you can just relax and -
say what?
I best let the pictures paint the words.




Jingshan pagoda


Beijing railway station

Tiananmen square










Polichay flew over that Bird's nest of a national stadium.











Wangfujing night market







No thanks. We've got canetoads in Queensland.

Yes please!

I had one too many beers and forgot which was my ride. Taxi!